This article will explain how to force Datameer to save Hadoop task logs so that they are accessible by a Job Trace.
This is a common practice when troubleshooting a Datameer job failure.
Follow these steps to enable task collection for a Datameer job:
- In the Datameer GUI, configure the desired job.
- Navigate to the
Custom Propertiessection of the configuration
- For Import Jobs, Data Links and Export Jobs this is found on the Schedule tab of the configuration in the Advanced section
- For Workbooks, this is found in the Advanced section of the configuration.
- Add the following line to the
- Re-run the job to activate the new parameter.
Once these steps have been completed, the Hadoop task logs will automatically be saved by Datameer and will be available in a Job Trace. The steps to collect a Job Trace are documented here: How To Collect a Job Trace.