I am trying to create a workbook that brings together information about all of the connections that have been created to reduce redundancy. (e.g. people who have created a new connection but didn't use a pre-existing one or whom have created one without setting the "ask for credentials" option enabled.
I have reviewed through dap_file,job_configuration, job_execution, data_store, db_driver as well as the HUM DB Data Combiner job.
Would prefer not to have to parse through all the connection JSON items outside of an existing 'index' service.
First, obtaining information about the Connection job.
1. DATA STORE Object ID (to provide a URL link like http://blah.datameer.blah:8080/connection/139). Attempted to link the DAP_FILE.id of DATA STORE objects to JOB_CONFIGURATION but no information is there.
2. DATASTORE USAGE. [ex: IMPORT/EXPORT]
3. DATASTORE URL [ex: jdbc:mysql://blah.datameer.blah:3306/dap...] This will let me strip off the database name
4. DIRECTORY. While dap.file_folder_fk exists, I can't find a similar table with the primary key.
5. DATASTORE Username. To determine if credentials have been embedded, and if so - who?
Second, I would like to obtaining how much data has been processed by the connection in question. Assuming that would have to poll through hte last Job_execution, dap_file, data_store to get that full count. Perhaps there already exists a report?
Please sign in to leave a comment.