At times, Datameer might need to be stopped or shutdown in order to perform maintenance on various system services.
Steps to complete a graceful shutdown of Datameer:
- Pause the Job Scheduler located under the Administration tab in Datameer.
- Wait for current jobs to be marked as completed.
- When all jobs have been completed, use the "stop" command on conductor.sh
- After the Datameer application has been stopped, preform needed maintenance.
- With all maintenance completed, resume Datameer using the "start" command on conductor.sh.
- Under Datameer's Administration tab, resume the Job Scheduler.
If a maintenance is needed sooner than the time it takes all jobs to complete, during step #2 the administrator can elect to force cancel current jobs.